Buses 4U is a project
of the East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership (ESRTP).
was established in the summer of 2001 to tackle unmet transport needs
in the old East Surrey Health Authority area. It was administered by
the Countryside Agency and subsequently by the South East England Development
ESRTP is now a not-for-profit company with charitable status (Charity
No. 1121750) and receives funding for projects from various partners.
The composition of the Partnership is shown below.
East Surrey Rural Transport
Click to follow links.
and Ewell Borough Council
and Banstead Borough Council
Surrey County Council
- To encourage and promote the use of public and community transport.
- To maximise the use of existing transport resources.
- To tackle the particular transport needs of groups who are not
traditionally recognised as being in need of transport.
- To support the current network of voluntary car drivers and to
encourage the formation of new schemes.
- To endeavour to provide improved access to services for:
- People with a physical disability
- People with a mobility difficulty
- People with learning disability
- To endeavour to provide alternate transport modes to the private
car for work, education, training, shopping, health and medical
needs, recreation and leisure.
For more information please